1. In 2014, more than 9.5 million passengers traveled through Raleigh-Durham International Airport.
2. Research Triangle Park is the largest research park in the country, home to more than 200companies and 50,000+ employees.
3. The Carolina Theatre will observe its 90th anniversary in 2016 with a yearlong celebration.
4. The historic home of Bennett Place became the site of the largest troop surrender of the Civil War.
5. 112 performances sold out at the Durham Performing Arts Center this past year.
CLICK HERE for the rest of the list.