The Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club on the campus of Duke University is the No. 1 college hotel in the U.S., according to a report from college selection website College Rank.
The Carolina Inn at UNC-Chapel Hill is No. 8 on the list.
Parents, alumni and visitors of universities who don’t want a cookie-cutter hotel experience, look no further. Below is a list of 50 unique hotels with above-and-beyond services and accommodations, all in close proximity to some of the country’s best colleges and universities.
University visitors want to stay somewhere that truly embraces university culture. From on-campus hotels, to boutiques that allow pre-game tailgating in their parking lots, this list has it all. Many of these establishments offer complimentary transportation to and from university events and are within walking distance of shopping, dining and nightlife. These hotels reject the “just a place to sleep” mentality, offering a memorable experience for every visit.
Our selections were based on the following criteria:
• Ratings from AAA, Forbes Travel Guide and TripAdvisor
• The little things that make an experience great, like in-room microwaves and safes, bathrobes and complimentary newspapers
• Facilities, such as fitness and business centers, dining options and parking access
• Proximity to university campuses and activities
• Involvement with university culture
If you are looking for a fabulous hotel, then look no further than our Top 50 College Campus Hotels.
See the enire list on College Rank.