Show yourself (or your special someone) a little love this Valentine’s Day with these thoughtful Durham gift ideas and holiday outings.
- Treat yourself to a facial or massage at The Retreat at Brightleaf. Soothe your muscles with a warm stone massage, or say goodbye to winter skin with an hour-long facial.
- Grab a friend and head to Beyu Caffe on February 14 to hear Gino Speight of The S.O.S. Band, the iconic 1980s R&B and electro-funk group. Tickets cost $25 and a special Valentine’s Day dinner menu will be available.
- Enjoy self-care on Valentine’s Day morning with an invigorating yoga class at Fullsteam Brewery. The class is suitable for both new and advanced yogis, plus you can stick around for beer and live music later in the day.
- Give a gift card to a cooking or mixology class at Durham Spirits Co. Learn how to prepare a traditional Korean meal, become your own personal bartender, or discover French comfort food. Nothing says “I love you” quite like a carefully prepared meal.
- Chocolate is always an appropriate V-day staple. Order locally made, artisan chocolates fromMiel Bon Bons – and maybe throw in a couple of macarons, too.
- Valentine’s Day is your excuse to splurge on new bling. Head to Hamilton Hill Jewelry or Jewelsmith for your perfect find.
See more at Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau